DC MEETMarket is a monthly outdoor market featuring local designers, artisans, musicians and food purveyors. It will be held on the first Saturday of every month at Logan Circle in a celebration of community and craftsmanship. [PoP]
It’s International Pillow Fight day! Head to the mall with a disposable non-down pillow and duke it out.[DC.about.com]
The Cherryblossom Fireworks Festival will be from 1-9 pm on April 6 at the Southwest Waterfront.
Like Books? Then check out Carpe Librum, DC’s Largest Used Book Sale at 1030 17th Street NW. Discover more than 50,000 books, CDs and DVDs . Sale proceeds help fund critical programs for D.C. public school children and their families. Sale is April 8 through May 15th. [PoP]
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival is now until April14. There are a ton of fun, educational and delicious events that are held throughout the District!
- Every Friday,at 7pm, the Black Cat holds weekly Dr. Who happy hours!! Watch one episode of Dr. Who & enjoy drink specials every Friday! /nerdchills. It’s free, and at the ‘Backstage’ venue.
Geek Look Ahead:
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade is April 13 from 10am–Noon on Constitution Avenue from 7th to 17th streets, NW. Also, and more importantly, the Sakura Matsuri – Japanese Street Festival will be from 1030am–6pm at the area of the Old Post office (Federal Triangle, 12th Street & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW). Tickets are $5 per person and I HIGHLY recommend buying them in advance. There are tons of performances and cultural demonstrations, shops, and traditional food and drink. Be prepared for crowds and pack sunscreen and water!
- April 13th Nerd Nite DC: Campaign Finance, Lessons on Science from Dolly the Sheep, and WTF was up with Snowquester??
- Awesome Con D.C., a Comic and Pop Culture Festival, will be April 20-21 at the Washington Convention Center.
- That 80’s Prom this year is scheduled for April 20th. It’s a great costume themed party!
- April 20 – Ready for spring? Here come the Scavenger Hunts! The first I’ve seen is the DC Challenge 2013: The Ultimate Urban Scavenger Race. Tickets are $25 and up at Eventbrite
- May 11 is the annual Sweetlife Festival / Concert, hosted by Sweetgreen. It’ll be at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Tickets are $75 and up.
- On May 13 at DAR constitution hall there will be a seminar called Guts and Glory: an Evening with Anthony Bourdain. Tickets are $45 and up.
- Bronycon will be in Baltimore this year, the week before….
- Otakon will be late this year: August 9 – 11, 2013 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD.
- September 21st we will host National Red Bull Flugtag at the National Harbour! Want to fly? They’re taking applications through June 1. Follow updates @FlugtagUSA